Software Engineer, iOS Developer
I have a strong passion for technology, specifically in the area of Software Engineering. I strive to build great products with Software. I am interested in software and firmware running in an embedded environment on Real Time Operating Systems.
I also have a passion for building great products with mobile development, specifically Apple’s iOS platform.
- Master's of Software Engineering
- University of St Thomas, St Paul, MNMay 2014
- Courses include: Technical Communications, Software Engineering, Software Project Management, Software Quality, Computer Graphics/OpenGL, Embedded Microprocessor Design, Software Analysis and Design.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer ScienceDecember 2005
- University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
- Courses taken as electives include Data Communications, Database Systems, Software Engineering, and Cooperative Education.
- Software Engineer Mobile/iOS (iPhone, iPad Applications)March 2012 - Present
- Schneider Electric / DTN, Minneapolis, MN
- Currently writing applications for iOS
- Objective C, C, Cocoa
- Product Requirement Analysis, Architecture, Design and Development
- Developing Applications focused on real-time data
- Software Release Configuration, Version Control with Git
- Apple Push Notifications
- Consultant, Independent ContractorSept. 2006 - Present
- Marked Systems LLC, Minneapolis, MN
- iOS, iPhone/iPad Development
- Objective C, Cocoa Framework, XCode, Interface Builder
- Core Graphics, Core Animation
- Currently have apps approved and in Apple’s App Store
- Apple Developer Program member since 2007.
- Web Development for clients
- Wordpress Integration
- Dynamic PHP, Ruby/Rails, Python/Django
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008
- Integrating business software to meet business needs
- System Administration
Real-Time Systems/Embedded Senior Software EngineerJan. 2011 - March 2012
Goodrich Sensors and Integrated Systems, Burnsville, MN
Worked in the Cockpit Data Management Advanced Technology group
- Worked in developing the next Generation EFB (Electronic Flight Bags)
- Real Time Operating System experience - DDC-I DEOS
- OpenGL ES, SC
- TCP/IP, UDP Networking (Socket Programming) with Real-Time Systems
- Experience with multiple communication technologies: Ethernet, ARINC 429, IPC
- Develop software according to DO-178B Safety Critical Standards
- Developing on the iOS platform. iPhone and iPad devices.
- Real-Time Systems/Embedded Software EngineerDecember 2007 – January 2011
Lockheed Martin, Eagan, MN
- Part of the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 Integrated Core Processor (ICP) software team, developing embedded software running in a real-time environment.
- Real Time Operating System experience - Integrity OS
- Lead various Requirement Verification Testing (RVT) efforts, designed, implemented, integrated software.
- Designed and developed a system of scripts to automate burning firmware updates to modules used for JSF project
- Continue to develop and maintain scripts needed for use in manufacturing of modules on JSF project
- Experience with multiple communication technologies: Fibre Channel, Ethernet, 1394b, MIL-STD-1553.
- Experience with Fibre Channel protocol analyzers
- Experience with TCP, UDP, TFTP, Client/Server Communication, Sockets Programming.
- Developing software for time synchronization on multiple processors. (20+ processors)
- Designing and Developing test software for Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), System Integration Testing (SIT), Design Verification Testing (DVT), Requirement Verification Testing (RVT).
- Experience with DO-178B Safety Critical Software
Software EngineerMarch 2007 – December 2007
Test Quest, Minneapolis, MN.
- Worked on Professional Services team using Visual Studio 2005, Visual Source Safe, Team Foundation Server
- Worked with patent pending software tool ‘Countdown’, designing Test Cases, Test Procedures for mobile devices.
- Beta testing of software releases.
- Wrote software test cases using a visual programming tool, with C# external assembly calls.
- Innovative, Independent worker, yet strong team player.
- Software EngineerJan. 2006 - Nov. 2006
- Rockwell Collins, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Worked on the HF Messenger team at Rockwell Collins.
- Experience with HF Communications standard STANAG 5066
- Experience with HF radios and modems made by Rockwell Collins
- Experience with Rohde and Schwarz XK2000 radio.
- Experience writing device drivers in a team environment.
- Experience with Visual Basic, C/C++, Visual Studio
- Experience with Software Development Cycle: Requirements, Design, Implementation, Integration, Testing
- Experience with releasing Software Builds
|Mac OS X, iOS
||Objective C, C
||Xcode, Interface Builder
|Linux - Ubuntu, Debian
||Git - Distributed Version Control
||DOORs, Rational Clear Case
||Python, Ruby, Java
- Real-Time Embedded System Development
- Strong professional background in Real-Time and Embedded Systems. Continues to be an area of strong interest to me.
- Internet of things
- Arduino, Raspberry Pi hobbyist
- Mobile Development
- Apple and iOS.